Charcoal Smoked Tomato Salad Dressing
|1/2 lb of ripe roma tomatoes|
|1 cup of good quality mayonnaise|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
This is a super simple and absolutely delicious salad dressing. It may also be used for tuna or chicken salad. It is a great dressing to prepare while preparing a family BBQ.
- Place tomatoes over a hot charcoal fire.
- Singe skins to tomatoes turning frequently.
- Once skins are singed, remove tomatoes from direct heat and move to a the side of the grill.
- Cover grill and allow tomatoes to smoke for 10 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from grill and allow to cool.
- Remove charred skins from tomatoes and add to a blender along with the mayo and a little salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour then serve.