Sesame Seed Cookies
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbs margarine, room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup cracked wheat
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tbs milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
These are delicious cookies packed brown sugar and raisins along with the wonderful flavor of sesame seeds.
- Brush baking sheet with oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream the margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs.
- Combine cracked wheat, raisins,sesame seeds and milk.
- Gradually stir into creamed mixture.
- Add flour and nutmeg and stir well.
- Using a teaspoon, place small amounts of the mixture on oiled baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet with a spatula and cool on a rack.