Marinated Turkey Breast
|1 (6 lb) turkey breast|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tbs fresh basil, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|6 whole cloves|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tbs brown sugar|
Sometimes you may not want to be bothered with cook a whole turkey. Here is recipe for turkey breast rubbed with spices, marinated and cooked on grill.
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, basil and pepper.
- Rub over the turkey breasts.
- Using butchers twine tie the turkey in order to keep an uniform shape. Make sure the twine has been soaked in water for an hour or so.
- Insert one clove into each end of the turkey breasts and one into the center.
- In a shallow dish, blend vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Place the breasts in the dish and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Start the charcoal grill and allow coals to turn grey.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Discard the marinade and place turkey breasts on the grill.
- Close the lid and grill turkey breasts on indirect heat (that is coals to one side and breasts not directly over charcoal.)
- Grill turkey breasts for about 1 hour per side, or to an internal temperature of 170 degrees. Turn the breast occasionally.