Asian Crab Meat in Vinegar
|1 lb of crab meat (king or snow crab chunks work well)|
|1/2 red bell pepper|
|1 cucumber, peeled,seeded and grated|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
|1 tbs rice vinegar|
|2 tsp super fine sugar|
|2 tsp soy sauce|
This is a great Asian dish that can be served as an appetizer or full course.
- Slice the red pepper into thin strips, lengthwise. Sprinkle with a little salt and leave for about 15 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- Combine the rice vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce in a bowl
- Mix the crab meat with the red pepper.
- Divide among 4 small bowls.
- Finely grate the cucumber and drain in a wire mesh strainer. Press some of the liquid out.
- Mix the cucumber with the vinegar mixture and pour some of the dressing over each bowl of crab.
- Serve cold.