Sugar Apple Muffins with Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tbs melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 finely chopped apples
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Grease and flour muffin tins or add paper liners to a muffin tin.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add a egg to butter along with milk and sugar. Mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir thoroughly, but do not over mix.
- Fold in apples and gently mix.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 24 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.