Herb Crusted Tilapia with Tomato Salsa
|4 Tilapia fillets, about 1 lb|
|1/2 cup bread crumbs|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tsp fresh chives, chopped|
|2 tsp fresh thyme|
|2 tsp fresh garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup seeded and diced tomatoes|
|1 tbs fresh basil, chopped|
|1 tsp chopped fresh oregano|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste|
- Preheat broiler.
- On a plate, mix bread crumbs, parsley, chives, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Coat Tilapia fillets with olive oil, then bread crumb mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil for about 15 minutes or until fillets are golden brown, turning half way through cooking.
- While Tilapia is cooking combine all ingredients for salsa and gently stir until well blended.
- Serve salsa over each fillet.