Stuffed Barbecued Clams
- 12 large quahog clams, in shell
- 1 cup celery
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 tbs Italian parsley
- 1 cup fresh Italian breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- black pepper to taste
- dry white wine, if needed
- Open clams and reserve as much juice as possible. Reserve shells.
- Roughly chop the clams and add to a large bowl along with the clam juice.
- Finely chop the celery and onion, and parsley and add to the bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix until mixture is slightly sticky and holds together. If you need more liquid to hold the mixture together, use a little dry white wine.
- Fill each bottom of each shell with a mound of the clam mixture. About 2 tbs each.
- Cover each with the top shell and wrap each clam completely in aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped clams over hot coals and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.