Waffles with Blackberry Syrup
|3 large eggs|
|1 cup milk|
|1 tbs vanilla extract|
|1 stick butter, melted|
|2 cups flour|
|1 tbs baking powder|
|2 tsp sugar|
|1/2 tsp salt|
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs with the milk, add the vanilla extract and melted butter, and beat thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Allow batter to rest for 10 minutes before using.
- Follow the manufacturers instructions for your waffle iron.
- Pour the batter, about 1 cup per waffle, on the preheated waffle iron.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Serve with warm blackberry syrup
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In a blender on high speed, combine the blackberries and maple syrup.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a small sauce pan and heat the syrup.
- Note; you may alternatively substitute, raspberries, blueberries or strawberries for the blackberries.
- Taste the syrup and if it is too tart add more maple syrup.