Mussels with Butter Garlic and Chardonnay
|2 lbs of fresh mussels|
|1/2 cup diced tomatoes|
|2 tbs minced garlic|
|1 cup Chardonnay wine|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|1 tbs chopped parsley|
|1 tbs scallions, chopped, white and green parts|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 lb butter|
- In a large sauce pan, cook tomatoes and garlic over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the mussels and wine and cover the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until mussels have opened.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, scallions and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add butter and toss everything in the pan.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
- Serve with crusty bread to sop up the juices.