Mussels with Butter Garlic and Chardonnay
- 2 lbs of fresh mussels
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tbs scallions, chopped, white and green parts
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb butter
- Crusty bread
- In a large sauce pan, cook tomatoes and garlic over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the mussels and wine and cover the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until mussels have opened.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, scallions and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add butter and toss everything in the pan.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
- Serve with crusty bread to sop up the juices.