Indian Tandoori Lamb Cutlets
- 24 lamb cutlets (your butcher can prepare these for you)
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs ground cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- Put the lamb cutlets in a large shallow baking dish.
- To make the marinade, combine the yogurt, cilantro, cumin, garlic. turmeric and chili in a bowl.
- Pour over the cutlets, mix to coat, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Leave a coating of the marinade on the cutlets and barbecue over hot coals until tender.