Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
|8 slices of pumpernickel bread|
|1/2 cup of butter, softened|
|3/4 lb of smoked salmon|
|8 tbs heavy cream|
|8 tbs of creme fraiche or sour cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|8 tbs of salmon caviar|
|fresh dill sprigs for garnish|
This is a great dish for a classy brunch which can be served with sparkling wine of champagne.
- Spread the slices of bread with half of the butter and place them on 8 individual plates.
- Arrange the smoked salmon on top and cut each slice in half. Set aside while you make the scrambled eggs.
- Lightly beat the eggs together and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan until it is sizzling, then quickly pour in the beaten eggs, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon. Do not let the eggs burn.
- Stir constantly until the eggs begin to thicken, just before they finish cooking and are still very loose, stir in the cream.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche or sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs on to the smoked salmon and bread on each plate.
- Top each serving with a spoonful of salmon caviar and garnish with fresh dill sprigs.