Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tbs chopped pecans
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the buttermilk and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until batter is smooth.
- Stir in butter.
- pour about 3/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased preheated waffle iron.
- Sprinkle with a few pecans.
- Bake according to manufacturers directions, until golden brown.
- Repeat until the batter and pecans are gone.
- Serve with maple syrup.