Jamaican Banana Bread with Pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups ap flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 large ripe bananas (about 1 lb)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Cream butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until lightly and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat thoroughly.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg into another bowl.
- Mash the bananas and add the vanilla.
- Add the sifted ingredients and the bananas alternately to the egg-butter sugar mixture, beating after each addition until thoroughly blended.
- Toss the raisins with a tsp of flour and add them, with the pecans to the batter, mixing well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan. (9×5)
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour. Or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Makes one 9 inch loaf.