Jamaican Banana Bread with Pecans
|1/2 cup unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 cups ap flour|
|1 tbs baking powder|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg|
|2 large ripe bananas (about 1 lb)|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1/4 cup raisins|
|1/4 cup golden raisins|
|1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped|
- Cream butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until lightly and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat thoroughly.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg into another bowl.
- Mash the bananas and add the vanilla.
- Add the sifted ingredients and the bananas alternately to the egg-butter sugar mixture, beating after each addition until thoroughly blended.
- Toss the raisins with a tsp of flour and add them, with the pecans to the batter, mixing well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan. (9×5)
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour. Or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Makes one 9 inch loaf.