- 1 package tostadas charras (available at Latin stores)
- 1 cup refried beans
- 2 cups boiled, shredded chicken
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- bottled vinaigrette dressing
- 2 pickled carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 small can pickled jalapeno's, cut into strips
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 avocado, cut into strips.
- juice of one lime
- 2 oz hard white mexican cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Peel and slice the avocado. Squeeze lemon juice all over to prevent browning.
Spread the refried beans over 6 of the tostadas, then add the chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, jalapenos and avocado strips.
Sprinkle a little vinaigrette dressing over each, then sprinkle with cheese.