Potato Skewers with Mustard Dip
- 2 and 1/4 lbs small new potatoes
- 1/2 lb shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 and 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare a bbq or preheat the broiler.
- Tmake the dip place the garlic, egg yolks and lemon juice in a blender of food processor and process for just a few seconds until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Keep the blender or food processor motor running and add the oil very gradually, pouring in a thin stream until the mixture forms a thick glossy cream.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the mustard and stir to combine, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Par-boil the potatoes in their skins in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain well and then thread them onto presoaked wooden skewers, alternating with the shallot halves.
- Brush the skewers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on the bbq or broil for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with the mustard dip.