- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 lb Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tbs cognac
- 3 tbs tomato puree
- 2/3 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb small pasta shells
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Melt butter in a skillet and add the Gorgonzola and stir until smooth.
- Add the half and half, cognac, tomato puree, nuts and stir to combine.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Drain and add the sauce and 1 cup the Parmesan.
- Garnish with the chopped basil and serve with the remaining Parmesan on the side.