Pasta Shells with Gorgonzola and Parmesan
|1/2 cup unsalted butter|
|1/4 lb Gorgonzola cheese|
|1 cup half and half|
|2 tbs cognac|
|3 tbs tomato puree|
|2/3 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped|
|1 lb small pasta shells|
|2 cups grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped|
- Melt butter in a skillet and add the Gorgonzola and stir until smooth.
- Add the half and half, cognac, tomato puree, nuts and stir to combine.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Drain and add the sauce and 1 cup the Parmesan.
- Garnish with the chopped basil and serve with the remaining Parmesan on the side.