Tofu and Vegetable Thai Curry
|1/4 lb firm tofu, drained|
|6 tbs dark sauce|
|2 tbs sesame oil|
|2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated|
|2 tsp chili sauce|
|1 lb cauliflower|
|1 lb broccoli|
|4 tbs vegetable oil|
|2 onions peeled and sliced|
|3 cups coconut milk|
|1/4 cup water|
|2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped|
|3/4 lb green beans, halved|
|3 cups button or shitake mushrooms, halved|
|shredded scallions for garnish|
|Boiled jasmine rice for serving.|
|4 Thai chilies, seeded and chopped|
|2 lemon grass stalks, minced, white tender parts only|
|2 inch piece fresh ginger, chopped|
|4 kaffier lime leaves|
|4 tsp coriander seeds, ground|
|cilantro sprigs, including tender stems|
- Cut the drained tofu into 1 inch cubes and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, chili sauce and ginger. Pour over the tofu.
- Toss gently, then marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- To make the curry paste, blend the chopped chilies, lemon grass, galangal, lime leaves, ground and fresh coriander in a food processor. Add 6 tbs water and process into a thick paste.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and cook gently for about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and the coconut milk. Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the red peppers, green beans, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Transfer to a oven proof dish, cover and place in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Stir the tofu and marinade, then place the dish in the top of the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the marinade mixture to the mushrooms and curry and cook for for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Garnish the curry with shredded spring onions.
- Serve with jasmine rice.