Spinach Pasta with Red and Yellow Peppers
|1 red bell pepper, julienne|
|1 yellow bell pepper, julienne|
|3 shallots, minced|
|1/3 cup butter|
|1 lb fresh spinach pasta|
|1 cup milk|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|3 tbs dry sherry|
|2 tbs tomato paste|
|1 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4 cup toasted pine nuts|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Saute the peppers and shallots in butter.
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions.
- In a small sauce pan, combine milk, cream, sherry and tomato paste, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta and pepper mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts over pasta before serving.