Spinach Pasta with Red and Yellow Peppers
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienne
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 lb fresh spinach pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs dry sherry
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Saute the peppers and shallots in butter.
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions.
- In a small sauce pan, combine milk, cream, sherry and tomato paste, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta and pepper mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts over pasta before serving.