|1 cup unbleached flour|
|1 cup whole wheat flour|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|1 tbs baking powder|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 cup dried fruit (blueberries, craisins, raisins etc.)|
|1 and 1/4 cups cream, plus a little extra for tops|
|2 tbs vanila sugar or sugar|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients and the dried fruit in a medium bowl.
- Pour the cream and stir until thoroughly moistened.
- Knead dough into a ball and transfer to a lightly floured surface.
- Form into biscuit size rounds.
- Brush tops with extra cream.
- In a small bowl, combine the vanilla sugar and cinnamon,
- Mix well and sprinkle over the scones.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.