- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (blueberries, craisins, raisins etc.)
- 1 and 1/4 cups cream, plus a little extra for tops
- 2 tbs vanila sugar or sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients and the dried fruit in a medium bowl.
- Pour the cream and stir until thoroughly moistened.
- Knead dough into a ball and transfer to a lightly floured surface.
- Form into a rectangular log, 1 inch tall, 3 inches wide and roughly 15 inches long.
- Cut into 10-12 triangles and place on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with extra cream.
- In a small bowl, combine the vanilla sugar and cinnamon,
- Mix well and sprinkle over the scones.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.