Patti Labelle’s Mac and Cheese
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 lb elbow macaroni|
|8 tbs butter|
|1 tbs butter|
|1/2 cup Muenster cheese, shredded|
|1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded|
|2 cups half and half|
|1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed|
|2 eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 tsp seasoned salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
This is our all time favorite Mac and Cheese. It is super creamy with five different cheeses.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 and 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Fill a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni and 1 tbs of oil.
- Cook for about 7 minutes or until almost tender.
- drain and return the macaroni to the pot.
- In a small sauce pan, melt 8 tbs of the butter then stir in the macaroni.
- In a large bowl combine all of the shredded cheeses.
- To the macaroni, add 1 and 1/2 cups of the shredded cheeses, the half and half, the cubed Velveeta, the eggs, seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Dot with the remaining 1 tbs of the butter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.