Grandma’s Sweet Potato Pie
|2 cups cooked sweet potatoes|
|1/2 stick butter|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 (15 oz) can evaporated milk|
|1/2 tsp cinnamon|
|1 tsp powdered ginger|
|1/2 tsp nutmeg|
|1/4 tsp ground allspice|
|1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
This is one of our favorite Sweet potato pies.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Add the butter and blend.
- Next add sugar and evaporated milk and blend well.
- Add the egg and spices and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-baked pie shell and bake until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack and serve when cool.