Grandma’s Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
This is one of our favorite Sweet potato pies.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Add the butter and blend.
- Next add sugar and evaporated milk and blend well.
- Add the egg and spices and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-baked pie shell and bake until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack and serve when cool.