Chicken Breasts with Lime Butter
|1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 breast pieces)|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/3 cup vegetable oil|
|juice of 2 limes|
|1/2 cup butter, softened|
|1 tsp fresh dill, chopped|
|1 tsp fresh chives, chopped|
This chicken is sauteed with dill and chives and draped in lime butter.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, and cook until golden and cooked through, turning once. About 3 minutes per side.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes longer or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Discard oil from skillet, then add lime juice and cook over low heat until the juice begins to bubble, about 1 minute.
- Add the butter, 1 tbs at a time, stirring until the butter combines with the juice and becomes a thickened sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in chives and dill. Taste for seasoning, then adjust if desired.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
- Garnish as desired.