- 1 lb geoduck, thinly sliced
- juice of 2 fresh limes
- 1 stalk of celery, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on a bias.
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly julienned into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- extra mint leaves for garnish
- butter lettuce leaves for serving
A Geoduck is a large soft shell clam that has a long siphon. It is absolutely delicious. It is cleaned by opening, slicing off the siphon and placing it in boiling water for about 30 seconds. The inner clam is often discarded. The outer skin then can then be easily removed. Once the skin is removed the siphon can be sliced thinly and used for various recipes. Geoduck is not readily available, however there are many mail order sources and occasionally it may be found in Asian grocery’s.
- Add the geoduck to a glass bowl and add the lime juice. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently mix well.
- Place a butter lettuce on each of 4 serving plates and evenly divide the geoduck mixture among them.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.