|4 cups of canned or frozen peaches, drained|
|1 cup sugar|
|3 tsp ground cinnamon|
|2 tbs flour|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|3 tbs frozen butter, diced|
|For the Crust:|
|1 and 1/2 sticks butter|
|1 and 1/2 cups flour|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|3-5 tbs milk|
This peach pie is is full of peaches and spiced with cinnamon, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the peaches, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Pour in to a prepared pie shell. (directions to follow).
- Dot with butter and top with a crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Check the edges after 45 minutes and cover with aluminum foil if you need to keep them from browning.
- To prepare the crust, cut the butter into small pieces.
- Add the flour salt, and sugar to the butter and rub by hand to combine.
- Switch to a spoon and add the milk in a thin stream, mixing until the dough just holds together. You may not need all of the milk.
- Form the dough into two discs, one a bit larger than the other.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for an half hour.
- Sprinkle a table and top of the dough with flour, and roll the larger disc gently from the center to the edges until it is large enough, turning it over a few times so it doesn’t stick.
- Lift gently into pie pan, shape the edge as desired.
- Pinch the crust all over with a fork.
- Repeat with the second disc of dough.
- Slice into strips for a lattice crust.
- Lattice is easiest if you lay all the strips down horizontally first, then start in the center with the crossing strips, folding the already placed strips back as needed to weave in the top strips.
- Bake for 1 hour.