Gruyere Parmesan and Bacon Quiche
|1 frozen or fresh pie crust|
|4 strips bacon|
|4 eggs beaten|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 cup milk|
|1/8 tsp nutmeg|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 and 1/2 cups Gruyere cheese, grated|
|1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Prepare the crust according to the package directions. Or make a fresh crust and pre-bake.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, saute the bacon until crisp.
- Remove the pan from the heat, drain and crumble the bacon.
- Beat together the eggs, cream, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the Gruyere cheese and bacon and pour the filling into the pre-baked pie shell.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over the top and bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Serve warm.