Sweet Tangy and Creamy Macaroni Salad
|1 lb elbow macaroni, cook according to package directions|
|1/2 cup cider vinegar|
|1 cup half and half|
|1 tbs brown sugar|
|1 and 1/2 cups mayonnaise|
|1 small bunch scallions, sliced thinly on the bias, white and green parts|
|1 large stalk celery, thinly sliced on a bias|
|1 red pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1 yellow or orange pepper, seeded and chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a delicious spin on the garden variety macaroni salad. It uses brown sugar and vinegar along with mayonnaise and half and half to give it a sweet/tangy and creamy texture.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions, then drain and rinse.
- Add the macaroni to a large bowl along with the scallions, celery and peppers.
- In another bowl add the mayonnaise, half and half, cider vinegar and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the macaroni, season with a little salt and pepper, then mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
I can’t wait to make this!!
How did it turn out?