Sesame Chicken and Wild Rice Salad
|3 cups wild rice, cooked according to package directions|
|2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed|
|1 cup fresh snow peas, halved crosswise|
|1 (11 oz) can mandarin orange segments drained|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|3 tbs cider vinegar|
|2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, combine chicken, pea pods and orange segments and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all of the dressing ingredients, shake well and refrigerate.
- Add the cooked rice to salad, toss gently.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.