Sesame Chicken and Wild Rice Salad
- 3 cups wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, halved crosswise
- 1 (11 oz) can mandarin orange segments drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs cider vinegar
- 2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, combine chicken, pea pods and orange segments and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all of the dressing ingredients, shake well and refrigerate.
- Add the cooked rice to salad, toss gently.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.