Smoked Turkey Quinoa Salad
|1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/2 lb smoked turkey, cubed (1 and 1/2 cups)|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh mint, chopped|
|1 medium tomato, chopped|
|1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped|
|1/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- In a sauce combine quiona and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa and all remaining salad ingredients, mix well.
- In a bowl combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.