Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 1/2 lbs portobello mushrooms, gills removed with a spoon
- 1/3 cup extras virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- small bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 lb blue cheese crumbles
- Prepare the barbecue grill for direct cooking and preheat to hot.
- Remove and discard the stems from the mushrooms, then remove the gills with a spoon.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the blue cheese crumbles with the garlic and parsley and stuff each mushroom.
- Place the mushrooms on the grill, cheese side up and grill with the lid closed for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked and the cheese melts.