Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
|2 1/2 lbs portobello mushrooms, gills removed with a spoon|
|1/3 cup extras virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 garlic cloves, minced|
|small bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, minced|
|1 lb blue cheese crumbles|
- Prepare the barbecue grill for direct cooking and preheat to hot.
- Remove and discard the stems from the mushrooms, then remove the gills with a spoon.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the blue cheese crumbles with the garlic and parsley and stuff each mushroom.
- Place the mushrooms on the grill, cheese side up and grill with the lid closed for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked and the cheese melts.