Country Bacon Gravy
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup bacon drippings|
|1 cup ap flour|
|3 cups heavy cream|
|2 cups water|
|kosher salt to taste|
|1 tbs black pepper|
|crumbled bacon (optional)|
- Using a medium sauce pan add the bacon drippings.
- Once heated add the garlic and stir for about 1 minute, being careful not to burn.
- Add the flour and using a balloon whisk combine with the bacon drippings.
- Using medium heat whisk until combined and smooth. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cream and water and stir until a smooth gravy forms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add crumbled bacon if desired.