- 1 and 1/4 cups ap flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups butter milk
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
This recipe may be used for waffles as well.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl mix the buttermilk and egg and mix until well combined.
- Add the buttermilk mixture and the melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a griddle or large nonstick skillet, using medium high heat, pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture for each pancake.
- When you can see bubbles in the batter it is time to turn the pancake and brown on the other side.
- Makes 4-6 servings.