Indian Lamb Vindaloo
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, seeded
- 2 1/2 tbs white vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2-3 tsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb lamb shoulder, trimmed of fat and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a super spicy Indian curry dish. You may substitute, beef, chicken or pork if desired.
- Blend first 12 ingredients in a food processor until a paste forms.
- Add the paste to a large saute pan and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add lamb and potatoes and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until lamb is cooked through, about 15 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you like it blazing hot you can add more habanero if desired.