Indian Lamb Vindaloo
|3 cups onions, chopped|
|1 1/2 cups tomatoes, seeded|
|2 1/2 tbs white vinegar|
|3 garlic cloves, chopped|
|2-3 tsp fresh ginger, grated or minced|
|1 tsp tomato paste|
|2 tsp garam masala|
|2 tsp ground turmeric|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced|
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 1/2 lb lamb shoulder, trimmed of fat and cubed into 1 inch pieces|
|1 1/2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 1/2 cups chicken broth|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a super spicy Indian curry dish. You may substitute, beef, chicken or pork if desired.
- Blend first 12 ingredients in a food processor until a paste forms.
- Add the paste to a large saute pan and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add lamb and potatoes and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until lamb is cooked through, about 15 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you like it blazing hot you can add more habanero if desired.