- 4 lbs salmon filet, skin on
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
This is a delicious Swedish specialty of raw Salmon cured with sugar, salt and dill. It is very expensive if you buy it at your local specialty store. The good news is that it is super simple to prepare at home and you won’t have to take out a loan to afford it. This recipe will take about 20 minutes to prepare and 2 days to cure.
- Mix all ingredients except the salmon in a bowl.
- Spoon a quarter of the mixture over the bottom of a non metallic shallow bowl.
- Lay one salmon fillet, skin side down in the dish. Spoon over half of the remaining marinade and cover with the second filet, skin side up.
- Pour over the remaining marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Cover with a plate and weigh down with a weight. Cans of food work well.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 days, turning occasionally.
- To serve the Salmon, drain well and trim off any hard edges.
- Cut into wafer thin slices on the bias.
- Serve with lime slices and brown bread.