Charcoal Broiled Korean Beef Steak Bul Goki
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs boneless bottom round or flank steak
- 2 scallions chopped
- 3 tbs toasted sesame seeds
Classic Korean flavors and charcoal grilling make this steak sing with flavor. You may also prepare this recipe using pork tenderloin.
- In a large covered bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic and mix well.
- Place steak in bowl cover and refrigerate for about 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade and cook over hot charcoal, until medium rare to medium. Depending on thickness, anywhere form 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Cut in thin slices against the grain.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Serve with white rice.