- 4 cups plain pecan halves (not salted or toasted)
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbs orange zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Easy to make and quite addictive as well.
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, orange juice and egg white and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange zest , sugar salt and spices.
- Add the nuts and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake at 225 degrees for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so until the pecans appear dry.
- Store in an airtight container.