Lebanese Bean Salad
- 3 cup frozen Lima beans, thawed
- 2 cups canned white and red kidney beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 tbs fresh mint or 2 tsp dried mint
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a healthy salad with the bright flavors flavors of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Place beans, parsley, onion, mint, tomato,and cucumber in serving bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice,salt and pepper and mix well with a whisk, until creamy.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.