- 4 ozs of semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups ground almonds
These are super simple melt in your mouth chocolate macaroons.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate chocolate.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Beat in sugar gradually and continue beating until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold in ground almonds and grated chocolate.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto prepared baking sheet, leaving space for expansion.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, taking care not to let macaroons become to dark as they will become bitter.
- Cool on baking sheet.
- Carefully peel cooled macaroons off baking parchment or cut around each macaroon to remove paper.