- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 cup flour
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- Parsley for garnish
This is delicious poached in a classic wine sauce with savory mushrooms.
- Pound chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Coat chicken with mixture of salt, flour and white pepper.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet and saute’ mushrooms for several minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and add remaining butter and brown chicken on both sides.
- Return mushrooms to skillet and add wine.
- Simmer until chicken is done and sauce thickens.
- Garnish with parsley.