Stilton and Pear Soup
- 3 ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 leeks,white parts only, cleaned well and minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 lb Stilton cheese, diced
Stilton cheese is one of our favorite blue cheeses which gains its genesis in the U.K.. This soup is full of wonderful flavors.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot.
- Add celery,onions and leeks.
- Saute until vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to the pot and add remaining stock, Jack cheese and cream.
- Heat through.
- At this point soup may be chilled if desired.
- Place Stilton and pears in individual bowls.
- Ladle hot or cold soup into bowls.