Blueberry Cheese Muffins
- 1 and 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cornmeal, cheese and blueberries.
- Beat remaining ingredients and all all at once to the dry ingredients.
- Stir just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans or into paper muffin cups inside of a muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and remove from muffin pan.
Recipe courtesy of The North American Blueberry Council