Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 lbs of plum tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher and fresh cracked black pepper
- Wash tomatoes and cut in half lengthwise.
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Combine garlic and olive oil and spoon over tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes to a preheated 200 degree oven.
- Roast of 6 to 8 hours, turning 3 times during cooking.
- Store in an airtight container, chilled.
- The tomatoes may be used in salads, pastas or on toasted Italian or French bread.
- Warm to room temperature before using.