Shaved Fennel Salad
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced paper thin
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into paper thin coins
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, tightly packed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a bowl, combine the fennel, cucumbers, dill, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Prior to serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes, shaking halfway through until fragrant and golden brown.
- When ready to serve, place arugula in a large bowl and pour all of the fennel mixture on top.
- Toss gently, but evenly.
- Adjust taste with more dressing.
- Serve topped with roasted pine nuts and feta cheese crumbles.