- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs onion, minced
- 2 tbs red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup milk or half and half
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Paprika for garnish
Crab imperial combines jumbo lump crab meat with a rich sherried white sauce.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook stirring constantly, until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and milk, stirring well, then add the the vegetable mixture and cook stirring often until thickened. About 2 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and the next 5 ingredients, then spoon into a 2 quart baking dish or individual baking shells. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.