Buttermilk Fried Catfish
|5 large eggs|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|2 tsp kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 cups of cracker meal|
|1/2 cup corn meal|
|4 lbs of catfish fillets|
|Canola oil for frying|
Americas Favorite fish especially delicious when fried to crispy perfection.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and place into a shallow bowl.
- Place cracker, and corn meal into another shallow bowl.
- Dip the cat fish fillets into the butter milk and let excess drip off. Then dip the fillets into the cracker meal and cover fillets completely and remove excess.
- Place prepared fillets in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in a deep pan. Add 4 to five inches of oil. fry the fish in batches until golden and crispy.
- Remove fish and drain on paper towels.