- 1 cup of poached chicken breast cut in medium cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup seedless white grapes (you may use seedless red grapes if desired)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 4 oz cans of sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 8 slices french bread or butter lettuce cups
Many chicken salad recipes are run of the mill and bland to say the least. This salad has a few extra ingredients that provide a lot of zip! Pictured as a sandwich served on french bread, it may also be served atop crisp butter lettuce cups.
- Slowly poach chicken breasts in water until cooked through with an onion, carrot, celery tops and a bay leaf.
- Remove chicken from broth and chill.
- Gently combine all ingredients.
- Mound salad on crisp lettuce leaves or make sandwiches.