Grilled Beef in Sweet Soy Marinade
|1/2 pound of sirloin or fillet steak trimmed of fat|
|5 tbs of dark soy sauce|
|2 tbs of sesame oil|
|2 garlic cloves crushed|
|1 tbs of honey|
|1 tbs of sesame seeds|
|3 tbs Canola oil for cooking|
|1 spring onion for garnish|
The combination of the soy sauce and honey marinade make this beef very tender. It is quick and easy to prepare and is bursting with deep flavor.
- Beat the steak gently on a cutting board with a meat mallet or a heavy bottomed pan until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and honey in a shallow bowl and stire in the sesame seeds until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Add the steak to the bowl with the soy and sesame mixture and turn it several times to ensure that it is well coated with the marinade and sesame seeds.
- Cover and let marinade for about an hour.
- Heat a grill pan or frying pan over high heat, then add the canola oil.
- Remove the beef from the marinade, allowing excess to drip off, and lay flat in the pan.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer the steak to a serving dish and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with the spring onion and serve immediately.