- 4 cups of old fashioned oats. (whole or steel cut)
- 1//2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup of chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
This healthy snack is absolutely delicious. Store brought granola is quite expensive and there are no guarantees as to what’s in it. Save yourself a ton of money and give yourself a healthy boost with this vitamin packed snack.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with foil.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, almonds, and walnuts. Mix well.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the wheat germ, brown sugar, syrup, honey, oil, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the cooked mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mixture over the baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until crispy and toasted. (stir half way through cooking)
- Stir in the raisins and craisins and bake and additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool, stirring at least once to keep it from clumping.
- Store in an airtight container.