|4 cups of old fashioned oats. (whole or steel cut)|
|1//2 cup sesame seeds|
|1/2 cup sunflower seeds|
|1 cup pumpkin seeds|
|1/4 cup flax seeds|
|1 cup of chopped almonds|
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|1 cup wheat germ|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
|1/2 cup maple syrup|
|3/4 cup honey|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
|2 tsp cinnamon|
|2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
This healthy snack is absolutely delicious. Store brought granola is quite expensive and there are no guarantees as to what’s in it. Save yourself a ton of money and give yourself a healthy boost with this vitamin packed snack.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with foil.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, almonds, and walnuts. Mix well.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the wheat germ, brown sugar, syrup, honey, oil, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the cooked mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mixture over the baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until crispy and toasted. (stir half way through cooking)
- Stir in the raisins and craisins and bake and additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool, stirring at least once to keep it from clumping.
- Store in an airtight container.