Charcoal Grilled Lemon Thyme Fish Fillets
- 1 lb of fish filets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Fish cooks very quickly over charcoal. The lemon thyme marinade along with the smoky flavor give this fish a very special flavor. This recipe is written for firm white fleshed fish, but you may also use an oilier fish, such as Blue fish.
- Place the fish in a shallow baking dish. You should have for 1/4 lb fillets.
- Combine the lemon juice, thyme, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour over fish and marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Drain fish and discard marinade.
- Place fish in a grill basket treated with a non stick spray and grill fish of medium hot coals for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- You may also cook the fish under a broiler about 4 inches from heat