- 1 pre-made pie crust follow package directions (or you can make your own homemade crust)
- 1 large onion minced
- 1tsp olive oil
- 8 oz smoked salmon roughly chopped
- 1 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cup light cream
- 1 tbs fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbs fresh dill chopped
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Smoked salmon, cream cheese and goat cheese together is even better! Best of all you can prepare this quiche in about an hour from prep to table.
- Heat a saute pan saute the onion until just soft. Cool.
- Roughly chop the salmon.
- Whisk the eggs and cheeses together until smooth. Then whisk in the cream, herbs and kosher salt and pepper.
- Scatter the onion and smoked salmon over the bottom of the pastry shell and pour over the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake in a 325 degree pre-heated oven for 45 minutes or until quiche is lightly set.
- May be served warm or cold.