Tuna and Bean Salad with Red Onion, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice
|1 cup of canned cannellini beans|
|2 cans of solid white albacore tuna in olive oil|
|2/3 cups of extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup lemon juice from 2 lemons|
|1 tbs grated lemon rind|
|2 garlic cloves minced|
|2 small red onions peeled and sliced thinly|
|Chopped parsley for garnish|
Try this healthy salad that you can throw together quickly for a healthy lunch or a light dinner.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- In a bowl whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the beans and mix well.
- Slice the onions very thinly and stir gently into the beans.
- Drain the tuna reserving the oil.
- Coarsely flake the tuna and add to the beans with the reserved oil.
- Toss gently and adjust the seasoning
- Garnish liberally with parsley and grated lemon rind.