- 1 cup of canned cannellini beans
- 2 cans of solid white albacore tuna in olive oil
- 2/3 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tbs grated lemon rind
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 small red onions peeled and sliced thinly
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Try this healthy salad that you can throw together quickly for a healthy lunch or a light dinner.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- In a bowl whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the beans and mix well.
- Slice the onions very thinly and stir gently into the beans.
- Drain the tuna reserving the oil.
- Coarsely flake the tuna and add to the beans with the reserved oil.
- Toss gently and adjust the seasoning
- Garnish liberally with parsley and grated lemon rind.